Errors On Your Credit Report?
Inaccurate information on your credit reports can mean you pay more for loans & mortgages, or potentially block you from accessing lines of credit altogether. Perhaps even worse than that, these errors can also stand in your way of getting jobs or insurance policies.
Fortunately, however, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) protects consumers when their credit reports contain inaccurate information. Under the FCRA, consumer reporting agencies & companies that provide them with consumers’ data, must report accurate information and correct errors that have been disputed.
Common Credit reporting errors
- Mixed files
- Identity theft
- Deceased reporting
- Paid tax liens reported as outstanding debts
- Reposession that never occured but is reported
- Forbearance or deferment on loans/accounts, but reported as delinquent
- Accounts that are discharged in bankruptcy, but reported as delinquent
- Duplicate reporting of the same account
- Bankruptcy that never occured
- Materially misleading reporting
- Incorrectly reporting accounts as charged off or in collections
- Reporting derogatory accounts older than 7 years
- Reinsertion of previously deleted accounts
Get Your Credit Report Errors Resolved
Fed up with with all the negative impacts your credit report errors are bringing you? Contact us today for your FREE case review. If there are errors on your report, we’ll find them & we’ll fix them, guaranteed.